Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George A Hahn Jr
Dr. George A Hahn Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Hahn is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center Beaches and UF Health Jacksonville. Dr. Hahn has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. George A Hahn Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Hahn diagnosed my daughters condition right away. He has a great sense of humor and has always been direct but never insensitive. My daughter has been going to Nemours since the age of 5 she is soon to be 14. She was switched from another doctor to Dr. Hahn, because the other Dr. made her feel as if the problem she was experiencing was her fault. Dr. Hahn was able to not only correctly diagnose her in the first visit but he's always made the visit a pleasant one. The only thing I dont care for is his assistant she can be very hard to deal with, and she's pretty rude and lazy. Most of the time you have to call her and give her all the information down to the fax number, including the codes if possible for the brace you may need, if she writes it incorrectly she will not bother fixing it. However, since he's so awesome, it's a headache worth dealing with.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hahn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. George A Hahn Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
Locations & DirectionsNemours Childrens Specialty Care, 807 Childrens Way, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George A Hahn Jr in this video.
Dr. George A Hahn Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.