Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George B Holloway
Dr. George B Holloway, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Holloway is affiliated with Physicians Regional Medical Center. Dr. Holloway has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. George B Holloway has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
Showing 5 of 17
I have been going to Dr. Holloway since 2007 when he performed a right rotator cuff repair, again in 2012 for clavicle decompression, and most recently in 2016 for a left rotator cuff repair. Dr. Holloway is very professional, respectful, and kind. I have no complaints about what an exceptional doctor and surgeon he is. I give him a 10 out of 5. I would recommend him to anyone who has a shoulder issue. His staff is also very kind and helpful.
After an elimination process taking six total visits, x-rays, and an expensive MRI, and even after still complaining of extensive pain, this KOC doctor, who was supposed to be a professional shoulder doctor, refused to perform any further assistance to my needs, other than a silicon shot. Even after persistent prodding to attempt some kind of surgery or correction of the problem, he said there is nothing he could do for me. I am under the perception this doctor was stereotyping me because he thought I was requesting drugs for pain relief instead of a professional synopsis and correction of the problem. Not only was the efficiency of the staff poor, this doctor appeared overbooked; showing a lack of time for the individual, no professional explanation of the problems and was impatient with a flippant non-caring attitude. This isn't the first time I have heard of poor service and unprofessionalism at the Knoxville Orthopedic Clinic. I would never recommend going there nor to their associated exercise facilities. Thepeople running the appointment table could not even discuss billing charges with their own staff, and apparantly their computers do not merge with other offices of the same company. There was too many IDKs and confusion or refussal to explain exactly what procedures and activities are performed therein.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Holloway is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Summa Health System
Dr. George B Holloway accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKnoxville Orthopedic Clinic, 1422 Old Weisgarber Rd, Knoxville, TN
Dr. George B Holloway is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.