Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George Kartalian Jr
Dr. George Kartalian Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Reston, VA, with other offices in Bethesda, MD and Centreville, VA . He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Kartalian is affiliated with Inova Loudoun Hospital, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Inova Mount Vernon Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. George Kartalian Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I now have had surgery performed by Dr. Kartalian and several follow up visits. He is a very good surgeon. My toe was completely shattered. It's a long recovery but and his assistant Tori are amazing, caring and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Kartalian to anyone in my family or my friends. He spends time with you and makes sure you understand what he is telling you. He has the x-rays up and shows you clearly how bad things were and how things are progressing. Great experience. I am still under his care.
I had an emergency and the staff bent over backwards to get me in to see the Dr. He had surgery but came in early to see me before his surgery. My appointment was at 9 AM and he saw me at 9 AM. I didn't have my disc with x-rays and no one gave me a bad time about it. They just accommodated me w/o fuss. Dr. Kartilian was professional, pleasant and knowledgeable. He explained everything to me thoroughly and answered my questions patiently. Surgery is Monday. Feeling confident.
Unprofessional and full of excuses. Everything is a stress fracture. Scoped my knee only to tell me my knee would only last two years and then a month later that I needed a knee replacement now!
I just saw Dr Kartalian for knee pain and surgery and found him to be completely friendly, thoughtful, and professional. He explained my situation thoroughly and patiently answered all my questions. I never felt rushed, nor pressured into any one treatment. Instead, he helped me make the decision that was best for me. The surgery went very well, with no complications at all. Now, a few days after the surgery, I've got zero pain unless I try to do too much and even then it's very slight. I fully expect to be back to hiking and martial arts in a month or two. I also found everyone on the office staff to be friendly and professional. I've already recommended Dr. Kartalian to several of my friends and would definitely seek him out if I had orthopedic problems in the future. I also highly recommend the Reston Surgical Center, where I had the surgery. I feel very lucky to have had such a top-notch surgeon and medical team. Thank you!
Dr. Kartalian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1991
Dr. George Kartalian Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George Kartalian Jr in this video.
Dr. George Kartalian Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reston, VA.