The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerald M Lawrie has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Aortic Rupture
- Myocardial Infarction
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Vascular Malformations
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Diabetes Complications
- Renal Hypertension
- Varicose Veins
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Blood Clot (Thrombosis)
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Heart Diseases
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Coronary Disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Blood Clot (Thromboembolism)
- Lung Cancer
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Renovascular Hypertension
Showing 5 of 36
I had aortic aneurysm repair and could have have had a better outcome or care. If you research Dr. Laurie's track record you will find ti second to none. The care I received at Houston Methodist was better than I could have hoped for. It has been 3 months since my surgery and my scar is very minimal, very straight and I can not feel any sternum wires under my skin. If you want the best surgeon, the best hospital and the best care look no further. Thank You Dr. Laurie and staff for giving me a second chance at life.
My son recently had open heart surgery performed by Dr. Lawrie. As far as we are concerned there are not enough stars to rate our experience. Dr. Lawrie was one of the most kind and compassionate doctor we have ever worked with. He spent all the time we needed to discuss our situation and answered all of our questions. He did a splendid job with our son. I would highly recommend Dr. Lawrie to anyone requiring heart surgery.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
49 Years Experience
University Of Sydney
Graduated in 1969
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Gerald M Lawrie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald M Lawrie in this video.
Dr. Gerald M Lawrie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.