Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harold T Green Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Harold T Green Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 10
I have been going to Dr Green for over 5 years and he is thorough, his bedside manner is exceptional! He takes the time to listen and is extremely methodical and willing to make referrals where necessary. The technology and record keeping are also exceptional. I highly recommend him to my colleagues and would recommend him to anyone.
I would not reccommend this doctor to even my worst enemy! He has no bedside manner, he is very judgmental, he does not listen to you when you talk, he recently joined the Bons Secour network and has become "invincible" as far as he is concerned and he in general has a lack of ethics! I have reported him to the licensing board due to my last visit with him where he decided to get in my face due to me being upset at the fact that he would not even listen to my concerns. Just because I am a young man I do have serious medical problems which he has now refused to see me anymore b/c how upset I became when he essentially attacked me over my concerns and pains. This is not a doctor you want to see if you are looking for someone with compassion or even concern for your well being!!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Green is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Howard University College Of Medicine
Dr. Harold T Green Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBon Secours Primary Health Care Associates, 2421 Chamberlayne Ave, Richmond, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harold T Green Jr in this video.
Dr. Harold T Green Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.