Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Herbert Mendelson
Dr. Herbert Mendelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Livonia, MI, with another office in Livonia, MI. He has 55 years of experience. His specialties include Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Mendelson is affiliated with St John Hospital & Medical Center, Henry Ford Macomb Hospital and Providence-Providence Park Hospital, Southfield Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Herbert Mendelson has the following 2 specialties
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. Herbert Mendelson has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Herbert Mendelson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Surgery was done after a long wait in hospital I wasn't told about classes before surgery. The surgery was not done well. When I reported the pain after 3Months I was told everything was perfect and it was my imagination. I waited to see if it would get better, after 2years the knee is still swollen and painful. New surgery is required to fix problems.Rating should be1/2.
Dr. Mendelson saw me after an accident at work. He kept telling me that I was fine as I continued to deteriorate and lost the use of my right leg. My primary doctor finally rushed me to the hospital on a visit to find that I needed emergency spine surgery. My husband saw him on a work comp case and he told him he was fine also. My husband needed cervical surgery and almost lost the use of his left arm. I went back to see him years later as a consult. He told me he that maybe I needed surgery, he would keep our visit confidential and I paid out of my own pocket... and then when the opposing counsel asked for my records, he reported that I was fine. Don't trust this guy, especially if it is workers comp.
Time for this doctor to hang up his scalpel
Dr. Mendelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Macomb Center)
St John Detroit Riverview Hospital
Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Oakland Center)
Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
St. Mary Mercy Livonia
55 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1958
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Herbert Mendelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Herbert Mendelson in this video.
Dr. Herbert Mendelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Livonia, MI.