Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard J Klapman has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Howard J Klapman has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Howard J Klapman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Klapman is a wonderful doctor. I am a teenage patient of his and he has helped me a lot. I found him through the Lutheran General Psychiatric Hospital. His assistant, Barbra is very kind. There are always snacks. Dr. Klapman offered a myriad of treatment options until we found what worked. He also is very interested in getting to know his patients well.
My daughter likes Dr. Kalpman. However, on the phone, his office administrator gets easily upset and rude. I called there to let them know they had sent me the wrong prescription for my daughter and instead of apologizing for the inconvenience, she yelled that everyone makes mistakes and hung up on me. If my daughter didn't really like him I would switch doctors.
Dr. Klapman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Howard J Klapman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsKlapman Howard J Md, 444 Skokie Blvd Ste 220, Wilmette, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard J Klapman in this video.
Dr. Howard J Klapman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmette, IL.