Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Iftikhar A Syed has the following 1 specialty
- Colorectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 23
After a standard Hernia surgery in 2016, I had acute respiatory failure, acute kidney failure, almost died several times, and was in a coma for 14 days. I'm still trying to find out how he botched the operation so badly. The hospital records I could get have few details, and I'm wondering if they are trying to keep information from me. This fraud of a "doctor" has been sued already for a death, he almost ended my life 11 months ago, and I will sue also if I can obtain enough info-but that is harder to do than I thought. Never go to this man, and tell friends to get another doctor!
The first time I seen him was last year, I had a car accident and was getting a consult for surgery. His waiting room was standing room only, I waited for over an hour in the waiting room then about a half hour in the room. The amount of time spend with me was about 10 minutes. I was told to wait for more healing then return at a later date. When I went there today for follow up. I waited 35 minutes in the waiting room then 40 minutes in the exam room. When he came in he barely listened to what my concerns were, rolling his eyes and dismissing me. When I laid down for the exam, he didn't even exam the area that I was there for. I had to re lay down and explain my concerns which he basically offered me nothing but, bring in the CT from your accident, which I did last visit along with the notes from the accident. He said see your primary and get back to me. Here its been over a year since my accident I waited for over an hour to get 5 minutes if that with him and go nothing. I am not certain how he became chief of surgery at Ellis Hospital but I am not impressed. He placed a port in my last year and prescribed pain medication that I am allergic to, to go home with. I am going to see another surgeon, on whose office is jammed packed like an assembly line. Being a person in the healthcare field and a patient with two encounters I have to admit I was very disappointed in the care received by him.
My daughter who is 19 was at the office today and had a very bad experience. the X-ray technician was rude and made the xray painful (not easy to do), and Dr. Syed refused to pull a tooth that had a deep cavity and had become very painful. My daughter came home crying, felt she was treated very badly. Dreadful experience for her.
Dr. Syed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
St Vincents Medical Center
Dr. Iftikhar A Syed accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSyed & Ford Mds, 1201 Nott St Ste 104, Schenectady, NY
Dr. Iftikhar A Syed is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Schenectady, NY.