Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jacob Amrani
Dr. Jacob Amrani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scottsdale, AZ, with another office in Phoenix, AZ. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Amrani is affiliated with HONORHEALTH DEER VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER, Banner Thunderbird Medical Center and Scottsdale Healthcare-Thompson Peak. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Jacob Amrani has the following 2 specialties
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. Jacob Amrani has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Jacob Amrani is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
Dr Amrani told me at different times that I was to have L 4&5 fused. I was in horrible pain for one year after the surgery. Then I went to a real surgeon at Barrows and they didn't find any indication that any fusion had taken place. L 4&5 had no hardware that would have been found. I had the surgery perfomed and have had no problem since.
Dr Armani is the worst experience I have ever had. I woke from surgery not feeling my legs, spent 2 weeks in rehab relearning to walk and now I am 42 and walk with a cane. I went to him with pain down my left side and woke with pain on both. My right side is now my weak side. He also became aloof and stopped responding to me. Telling me only that it was only from moving nerves around and would correct itself in a month or so. That was in 2010....
Dr. Amrani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Scottsdale Healthcare-Thompson Peak
Thompson Peak Hospital
Banner Thunderbird BHC
Shea Medical Center
35 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Jacob Amrani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jacob Amrani, MD - Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine in Scottsdale, AZ, in this video.
Dr. Jacob Amrani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.