Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James T Coin has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. James T Coin has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 30
Brilliant very kind Neurologist with excellent bedside manner. Listens to me and answers all my questions. Never rushes through my appointments. Staff is kind and very helpfulhelpful but I will say this is my opinion after some time has passed. He is very thorough and cares about his patients. I say this with 7 years as his patient.
His staff is what brings his service down. I have been going to him for 2 years now and tried to re-schedule an appointment and played phone tag for weeks with them. Then when trying to get a prescription re-filled she said I would have to come in that day in 2 hours or would have to wait until after the holidays. Who puts you on a medicine that makes you sick if you can't take it and then says enjoy your holiday without it. Horrible place. And Dr. Coin had no idea about migraines.
Dr. Coin is the greatest. He listens to me, answers all of my questions, and explains things with patience and respect. He takes the time to listen to me, unlike other doctors I've seen. Some other negative reviews on here are unfair, like the one for Julie (the nurse practitioner) who only saw migraine patients and isn't with the practice anymore.
Dr. Coin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. James T Coin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. James T Coin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, NC.