Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey L Sponsler has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Neurophysiology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jeffrey L Sponsler has the following 8 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Jeffrey L Sponsler has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jeffrey L Sponsler is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Here's a layout of my appointment. 1 - Seen right away. Excellent punctuality. 2 - Staff was polite. 3 - Doctor was hurried, in a rush. 4 - Doctor asked a number of questions, cut me off mid-response. Interrupted almost everything I had to say. 5 - Terrible bedside manner. 6 - Hesitated in giving medical treatment suggestions. 7 - Notes afterward stated that I -probably- need an extreme life-altering form of surgery to treat my undisclosed issue(s) when the symptoms of my issue are extremely mild and non-life threatening. 8 - Tends to make very hasty decisions without seeing medical records (this was my first visit with him).
This West Virginia quack does not know what he is doing. His "diagnoses" are pure fiction and his practice is a means to increase his cash flow. His office staff, especially his "physician's assistant" are equally incompetent, careless, and consumed with billing and bilking as much as they can get out of unfortuante patients' insurance. Since this "doctor" is the only neurologist around in the Mat-Su he is able to weasel himself into every facility and hospital as an "on-call specialist" to the detriment of the vulnerable. Do not use this parasitic practice or doctor. Ironically it is absolutely brainless.
Horrible bedside manner. Seems very narcissistic and was down right rude. Very blunt and showed no regard for helping though a difficult diagnosis. EEGs were performed differently between two visits there, and also different than (consistent, correct) EEGs done elsewhere. Prescribed as a first choice a medication with many known severe side effects, without discussing those potential side effects or other options. This did cause a lot of problems until the medication was changed. Another neurologist was aghast at prescribing that medication at that dose as a first option.
19 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Jeffrey L Sponsler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Locations & DirectionsAlaska Brain Center Llc, 4551 E Bogard Rd, Wasilla, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey L Sponsler in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey L Sponsler is similar to the following 1 Doctors near Wasilla, AK.