Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Crothers
Dr. John Crothers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gilbert, AZ. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Crothers is affiliated with Banner Baywood Medical Center, St Josephs Hospital and Med Center and CHANDLER REGIONAL Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Crothers has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Crothers is the best ortho I've seen, and I've seen many with ongoing problems with my knee. Originally saw him for ankle fracture, but when I told him I was unhappy with my (then) current ortho for my knee, Dr. Crothers agreed to take over my care for both. He is kind, generous with his time, and very caring. His nurse, Vikki, is amazing. She listens to your concerns, and will go out of her way to speak with Dr. Crothers between patients and get back with you! What a pleasure. If only Dr. Crothers was a G.P.!!
Dr Crothers is an expert in his field. This Dr. can work wonders on hands and feet. Plus, he is an excellent diagnostician. He did my grandsons club feet castings and surgery back in 2004.. PERFET little feet now. He is not a polished fancy man, but he is one of the BEST Doctors in Arizona in this field.
I found Dr Crothers to be very knowledgeable and thorough. He caught a cancer in my bones that my family doctor has missed for months. It may have saved my life. He took time to explain everything. Once I even found him inspiring me in my fight against the cancer. I was bit surprised by this since his manner can be a bit crotchety or cantankerous. Go to him if results are more important than pleasant bed-side manner. Personally Id rather have a doctor that is good at his job than one Id like to hang out with. Id recommend him to anyone.
I WAITED AN HOUR PAST MY APPT TIME TO SEE HIM. HIS HANDS SHAKE SO BAD HE CAN BARELY USE A MOUSE OR WRITE. TOLD ME THAT HE DIDNT KNOW WHY I WAS IN HIS OFFICE BECAUSE THERE IS NOTING SHOWN IN MY MRI. WAS MORE INTRESTED IN TELLING ME HOW IBPROFRIN WAS BETTER THEN TY. I WENT TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE AND THE DOC AND RADIOLOGEST WERE LAUGHING THAT HE SAID THAT BECAUSE IT IS VERY CLEAR THERE IS A BREAKDOWN IN MY KNEES AND CANT UNDERSTAND HOW HE COULD JUST IGNORE THE REPORT AND WHAT HE WAS LOOKING AT.
Dr. Crothers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Banner Baywood Medical Center
St Josephs Hospital and Med Center
CHANDLER REGIONAL Medical Center
Banner Desert Medical Center
St Joseph's Hospital
46 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Maricopa Medical Center
Dr. John Crothers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBanner Health Clinic, 1920 N Higley Rd, Gilbert, AZ
Dr. John Crothers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gilbert, AZ.