Get the facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms, common allergens, and doctors who treat the condition.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John J Saad has the following 1 specialty
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Deviated Septum
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Swallowing Disorders
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Facial Trauma
- Hearing Loss
- Smell Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
My experience has been very different. Dr. Saad would not be the Division Chief of Head and Neck Surgery and Otologie at Scripps, if any of those extremely negative reviews were justified. Dr. Saad is a friendly, calm, competent, and highly experienced surgeon. In all my meetings with D. Saad (pre-op, surgery of deviated septum, post-op), I was impressed. He gave easy to understand, common sense instructions, and everything went as planned. Dr. Saad has my full trust and I highly recommend him.
This man should not be allowed to practice on living beings. Like others, I saw him for a small and benign issue. He described it both pre and post surgery as a small pimple in my tongue. Yet he managed to sever the main muscle in my tongue. Yes he deformed my tongue severely. He would not explain his error and instead gave me painful cortisone shots in the area, perhaps hoping they'd perform a miracle. Also I now understand this is medically dangerous to give so many cortisone shots in a matter of months. And he also tried to make me feel I was being petty for asking what had happened. He shames patients. Perhaps only those susceptible to that. Shame on Scrpps for keeping this man on staff. Perhaps he bullied them as he did me. His halitosis should have been a tip off for me to get out of his office fast. I have to live with this every moment of my waking life. Run, don't walk from him.
I went to Dr. Saad for a bump I had developed on my jaw bone after getting my wisdom teeth pulled that I was very concerned about. I explained my situation and he didn't even seem as though he was listening to me. When I was done explaining my issue I was there for, he said to me, "you sound like you have the voice box of a 70yr old woman." (I am 25). This was an early AM appointment, my voice is a little scratchy (I guess?) in the AM. Without even telling me what he was about to do or explaining anything, he tips my head back and proceeds to put a long wire down my nose...I flinched and even almost tried to grab his hand because I wasn't expecting this "procedure" and it hurt so so bad! he then said, "Do NoT touch me!" very aggressively. The wire finally reached my throat and he was examining my voice box? I still don't even know what he was doing! Tears started welling down my face. I have never felt so assaulted in my life. He still never addressed my lump on my jaw. When I got into the elevator to leave, I was so upset that a nice EMT gently asked me if I was okay. I told him I was okay, but I was not. I filed a complaint against this "Dr," with the hospital and I still never heard anything back. I also have a friend that came to this doctor to get a tube put in her ear and she said he put a chemical in her ear without warning her, that was the most pain she has ever felt in her life. I do not recommend this doctor under any circumstances whatsoever.
Dr. Saad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1976
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. John J Saad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsScripps Green Hospital, 10666 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA
Dr. John J Saad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.