Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joie D Russo
Dr. Joie D Russo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tarzana, CA, with another office in Tarzana, CA. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Russo is affiliated with Encino Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Russo has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Joie D Russo has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Joie D Russo has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 13
The worst place that one pregnant women can go! They don't care about you like a person, not professional, they just care to be paid!!!! I was 6 weeks pregnant and I star bleeding and be with to much pain, I went to visit this "doctor" and they make me wait for 45min, when I get tired I went and ask when they are going to be with Me, they just told me in a very rude way that they can't because they haven't recieve the order for my primecare doctor, they didn't care at all to my pain!!!!! Please don't never go to see this doctor!!! Is too bad!!!
For the past year and a half I've had pain during sex. Over the course of several visits during those 18 months Dr. Russo told me that nothing was wrong except some vaginal dryness and to 'have more sex' to stretch myself out. After several experiences with her very cold/rude staff and visits with her waiting 45 minutes for her then to rush in and out in just a couple of minutes, I went to a new OBGYN. Upon examination she immediately diagnosed the problem - raw skin around my episiotomy from delivering my daughter that had never fully healed and kept getting re-irritated every time I had sex. I'm now on special creams and am healing. If I stayed with Dr. Russo this would have continued and impacted me (and my marriage) indefinitely. In my opinion this shows a real lack of knowledge on her part, or maybe just a failure to thoroughly examine her patients - not sure which is worse. I have never rated a doctor before in my life but this experience prompted me to warn others here.
I went to Dr.Russo for a regular check up. She diagnosed a suspected imperforated hymen that I didn't even know I had. At that time I wasn't having many (obvious) symptoms and was an international student studying in LA. I was scared as I always had to rule out any cancer and possibly have surgery in the US. She was so caring and always had time to see or talk to me. She referred me to some of the best, most caring sensitive specialists I have ever known. I ended up having the surgery back in the UK, almost 8 months later. By that point I actually was having severe pain and other health problems. If she hadn't been so on top of it, I would never managed to get the doctors to treat it so fast upon moving back home.I owe a lot to her. I found her professional, friendly and easy to talk to. If I ever move back to LA, I will register with her again.
She is a wonderful doctor with great bedside manner. She made me feel completely comfortable and relaxed.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Russo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Joie D Russo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joie D Russo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tarzana, CA.