Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jose Carreras-Risech
Dr. Jose Carreras-Risech, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hialeah, FL. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Carreras-Risech is affiliated with Pan American Hospital, Coral Gables Hospital and Kendall Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jose Carreras-Risech has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jose Carreras-Risech has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Jose Carreras-Risech has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Carreras-Risech is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Pan American Hospital
Coral Gables Hospital
Kendall Regional Medical Center
Palmetto General Hospital
49 Years Experience
Instituto Superior De Ciencias Medicas De La Habana
Graduated in 1964
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsContinucare, 3233 Palm Ave, Hialeah, FL
Dr. Jose Carreras-Risech is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hialeah, FL.