Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Joshua L Cohen
Dr. Joshua L Cohen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC, with another office in Washington, DC. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with George Washington University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Joshua L Cohen has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Joshua L Cohen has the following 17 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Metabolic Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Dr. Joshua L Cohen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joshua L Cohen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I do not like the service here and it's extremely busy place. I always wait more than minutes to see the doctor and one time I had to wait more than an hour. I chose this doctor since its convenient to my work. Overall, I am very disappointed when I go there. Most administrative staff is not helpful or pleasant.:((
I hated this doctor. I went in there for my PCOS that was diagnosed years before when I was living in NYC. Dr. Cohen refused to look at prior medical records stating that he was going to run his own tests. I told him things I wanted to be tested for and he said "I know what I am doing and I know what to test for" I walked into that appointment excited to get back on the pills I need for my PCOS and I left the office deflated and extremely sad that I had not been listened to. He should not be practicing. I guess it was a clue when I couldn't get into any other endocrinologist but his schedule was wide open.
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Joshua L Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joshua L Cohen, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Washington, DC, in this video.
Dr. Joshua L Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.