Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Judith J Mckenzie
Dr. Judith J Mckenzie, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mechanicsville, VA. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Mckenzie is affiliated with CJW Medical Center - Johnston Willis Hospital Campus. Dr. Mckenzie has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Judith J Mckenzie has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Judith J Mckenzie has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Judith J Mckenzie has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 64
I have had occasion to see Dr. McKenzie for health issues, therefore, I can only speak for myself, as the patient. Satisfaction is an understatement, while describing the care given by Dr. McKenzie. She is very attentive while listening to her patient, and reflects back to the patient what is being discussed to insure clarity. As well, Dr. McKenzie checks every option with any ailment being described. It was my observation that Dr. McKenzie was very thorough; her medical plan, for the patient, was spot on, with issues resolved expediently.
When I got older i switched over to Dr. McKenzie. My father was also seeing her and suggested her. She is very nice and I was never there too long. When I became pregnant I was so excited but she told me she didn't deliver babies :( But she did suggest a doctor for me and I'm happy. Overall a very great doctor and I would recommend her to anyone.
The practice Dr Mckenzie used to be with was always slow, I knew an appointment would come with a half hour wait. But it was always worth the wait.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Mckenzie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Judith J Mckenzie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBon Secours Memorial Medical Center, 8220 Meadowbridge Rd Ste 203, Mechanicsville, VA
Dr. Judith J Mckenzie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mechanicsville, VA.