Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kathleen M Tate has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
I was referred to Dr. Tate by my PCP. My first visit was fine, however, with the diagnosis and subsequent visit, not so fine. I had a miscarriage, during the discussion of the D&R procedure, she received a call and left the room, she was gone for more than 15 minutes, and then, when she returned, it was very quick to schedule the D&R and get me out the door. Well, then, she did not give me the paperwork as she thought, and her staff had no clue what was going on either. The D&R was performed at the Aurora Medical Center across from her office, she prescribed Vicodin, which, ALL of my charts clearly state that I am allergic to it, anaphalexic shock. I have to have fibroid surgery as well, and I'm not sure I will go to her for this. I have not received any follow up call from her or her office after my surgery.
Doctor made my wife cry three times over our visit.She forced her to take perscriptions for her having "high blood pressure" but refused to check her pulse after my wife asked her repeated times if the check was accurate as she was moved too fast from room to room.She kept dismissing what my wife was saying and wanted her to be "faster" at keeping up with her during appointments.If you have to ask this doctor a question make sure it's written down and you don't proceed further unless she answers the questions or you won't get them answered.
I just started seeing Dr. Tate and feel as though I am more of an inconvenience than a paying patient. After waiting a long time to see her, she rushes in and out without taking anytime to ask me if I have any questions or share any of my lab results with me. This is my second pregnancy, and had it not been for that, I would feel completely out in the wind not knowing what is going on. They've had to do blood draws 3 of my last 4 appointments due to it being misplaced or not having all the necessary tests ran on it, or complete staff negligence. I'm searching for a new doctor that I won't mind actually being in the delivery room with me and seeing more of over the next few months.
Dr. Tate is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Kathleen M Tate accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Colorado HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStephanie L Penrose Md, 11175 E Mississippi Ave Ste 210, Aurora, CO
Dr. Kathleen M Tate is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Aurora, CO.