Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kevin W Choy
Dr. Kevin W Choy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Choy is affiliated with Pacific Alliance Medical Center, Greater El Monte Community Hospital and Garfield Medical Center. Dr. Choy has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Kevin W Choy has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Corneal Diseases
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Lasik Surgery
- Vision Issues
- Macular Degeneration
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I am a professional who was looking for a general checkup and was booked in to see Dr Choy by a relative. When I got to the clinic I was not impressed by the decor and simplicity of the waiting room and i nearly walked out.That, would have been the biggest mistake that i could have made. I was diagnosed with an abnormality and a suspect for glaucoma. It has now been five years since I have been a patient of Dr Choy. This Doctor is the consumate professional with superb and friendly staff. Beyond the simplicity of the waiting room lies a stste of the art medical practice led by one of the most abl, compassionate, and non-profit motivated individual that I have ever come across. All doctors keep you waiting, it is the nature of what they do. Dr Choy's waiting room is invariably packed, and I am sure it is because his patients like me recoqnise that they are recieving the very best medical treatment possible by a Doctor who really cares, and whose professional ethics set the standard of excellence against which others aspire to be judged against. See this Doctor and you will understand why I rate him and his staff so highly.
Dr. Choy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital
Dr. Kevin W Choy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHill Eye Center, 838 N Hill St, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kevin W Choy in this video.
Dr. Kevin W Choy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.