Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kris G Mcgrath MD
Dr. Kris G Mcgrath has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kris G Mcgrath has the following 17 expertise
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Immediate Hypersensitivity
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
- Food Allergies
Showing 5 of 5
Great Allergist Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kris G Mcgrath - Posted on October 31st, 2018
He is clearly dedicated to his specialty; very smart, cordial and professional. Great listener, focuses on resolving your allergy / asthma issues and being certain you are satisfied with treatment and not only feeling better but truly are improving. He does not "guess" at anything, he zeroes in on what is causing your issues and moves foward with correcting it. I have referred numerous business associates, family members and friends to him.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kris G Mcgrath - Posted on February 5th, 2016
Captain/ pilot of TWA/AMERICAN/Netjets airlines
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kris G Mcgrath - Posted on May 21st, 2013
Dr. McGrath on our first meeting diagnosed my problem of a constant cough and shortness of breath as aspergillosis of the lungs. Further testing proved he was correct and I was put on a program of prednisone. After a couple of weeks I was back to work as good as normal! My hat is off to dr. McGrath. He's personal, easy to communicate with, and is very caring. I think deserves the highest honors!
5+ years Patient
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kris G Mcgrath - Posted on March 16th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kris G Mcgrath - Posted on November 9th, 2011
I have seen many allergists and various MDs over the years. Dr. McGrath is hands down...THE BEST I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. He truly partnered with me to identify a very rare chemical allergy that I now realize I have. My asthma and allergies are final under control. I would highly recommend him as a scientist and health care practitioner that cares about the well being of his patients....and is willing to go over and above to seek answers!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Kris G Mcgrath Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKRIS G MCGRATH MD SC, 500 N Michigan Ave Ste 1640, Chicago, IL
Dr. Kris G Mcgrath is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chicago, IL.