Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kris G Mcgrath has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Immediate Hypersensitivity
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
- Food Allergies
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. McGrath on our first meeting diagnosed my problem of a constant cough and shortness of breath as aspergillosis of the lungs. Further testing proved he was correct and I was put on a program of prednisone. After a couple of weeks I was back to work as good as normal! My hat is off to dr. McGrath. He's personal, easy to communicate with, and is very caring. I think deserves the highest honors!
I have seen many allergists and various MDs over the years. Dr. McGrath is hands down...THE BEST I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. He truly partnered with me to identify a very rare chemical allergy that I now realize I have. My asthma and allergies are final under control. I would highly recommend him as a scientist and health care practitioner that cares about the well being of his patients....and is willing to go over and above to seek answers!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
39 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Kris G Mcgrath accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKris G Mcgrath Md Sc, 500 N Michigan Ave Ste 1640, Chicago, IL
Dr. Kris G Mcgrath is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.