Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Louis S Halikman
Dr. Louis S Halikman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD, with another office in Baltimore, MD. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. Dr. Halikman is affiliated with Medstar Franklin Square Medical Center. Dr. Halikman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Louis S Halikman has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Back Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Halikman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Louis S Halikman accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Louis S Halikman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.