Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark P Altman
Dr. Mark P Altman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Branford, CT, with other offices in Hamden, CT and Norwalk, CT (and 1 other location). He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Altman is affiliated with Yale-New Haven Hospital and Yale New Haven Hospital St Raphael Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark P Altman has 4 locations
148 East Ave Ste 2E
Norwalk, CT 06851
2200 Whitney Ave Ste 170
Hamden, CT 06518
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark P Altman has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Mark P Altman has the following 17 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Wrist Injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Mark P Altman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
2 successful surgeries and 1 broken finger fixed.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark P Altman - Posted on June 21st, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark P Altman - Posted on February 5th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark P Altman - Posted on December 19th, 2013
I am a professional pianist and saw Dr. Altman for numbness and pain in my hands. He diagnosed carpal tunnel syndrome, and did release surgery in both of my hands. He is a wonderful doctor -- brilliant, skillful, and caring. The results have been amazing. My hands have completely healed and are strong and flexible. I can recommend him very highly. A wonderful surgeon.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark P Altman - Posted on September 3rd, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark P Altman - Posted on October 13th, 2011
I found Dr Altman to be conservative in his approach to removing an annoying cyst from my finger. First he tried injections before he did surgery. The results were excellent and after 9 months I can't even find a scar. He is very well regarded by those of us who work with our hands and power tools too. Excellent.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Altman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Mark P Altman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark P Altman, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Branford, CT, in this video.
Dr. Mark P Altman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Branford, CT.