Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew L Hansen
Dr. Matthew L Hansen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gilbert, AZ, with another office in Gilbert, AZ. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Hansen is affiliated with Banner Boswell Medical Center and Banner Del E Webb Medical Center. Dr. Hansen has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Matthew L Hansen has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Matthew L Hansen has the following 29 expertise
- Knee Pain (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome)
- Tendon Injuries
- Elbow Nerve Compression Syndrome (Ulnar Nerve Compression Syndromes)
- Tennis Elbow
- Arm Fracture (Humeral Fractures)
- Sprains and Strains
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Tenodesis (Tendinitis Surgery)
- Hip Disorders
- Knee Disorders
- Shoulder Fractures
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Elbow Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Kneecap Dislocation (Patellar Dislocation)
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Elbow Neuropathy (Ulnar Neuropathies)
- Hip Fractures
- Knee Dislocation
- Elbow Fracture (Ulna Fractures)
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Shoulder Pain
- Chondromalacia Patellae
- Knee Injuries
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Spurs (Osteophyte)
Dr. Matthew L Hansen has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Matthew L Hansen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 51
Thank you for telling me the honest to God truth about my ankle. I really appreciate everything you did. I'm back to running again....â¤ï¸
Dr. Hansen is the best! I suffered with pain in my right groin for 15 years. I had been to countless other doctors, physical therapists, you name it. He was able to figure it out immediately!! I had 2 surgeries on my right hip for FAI. Dr. Hansen has a great personality and listened to all of my concerns. He explained everything in detail. I'm pain free today and very grateful!! His staff is the best, too. They went above and beyond to help me out with insurance, paperwork and other needs. They're all super friendly. Highly recommend!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Hansen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Matthew L Hansen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew L Hansen in this video.
Dr. Matthew L Hansen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gilbert, AZ.