Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Yanish
Dr. Michael J Yanish, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glendale, AZ. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Yanish is affiliated with Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical Center. Dr. Yanish has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Yanish has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr Yanish sat in his chair and tapped my fat medical file doing the broken record routine. "What can I do for you today? " over and over again. I have been throwing up food and bile for 20 years and too ill to work. I spend near half my monthly income on insurance for doctors like this. He got paid. I am still sick. Unfortunately it seems that he is standard for this profession. I don't know if they are afraid of certain kinds of problems or what the problem is with getting Dx'd and treated. Here I am in a major metropolitan area but because the doctors join in large groups there's no options for me because if one doctor in the practice is a jerk and refuses to even examine you (as what this jerk did to me even with my spouse there as witness), office policy prohibits a patient from seeing another doctor in the same group. I have remained silent for years for fear of jeopardizing the health care of my family because the doctors have carte blanche to behave in many horrible ways and there's really nothing an individual can do. Medical mafia is real.
Dr. Yanish is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Michael J Yanish accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArizona Digestive Health, 5823 W Eugie Ave Ste A, Glendale, AZ
Dr. Michael J Yanish is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.