- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Mitchell C Benson
Mitchell C Benson is a doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with other offices in New York, NY and Scarsdale, NY( and 3 other locations). They have 42 years of experience. Their specialties include Urology. Benson is affiliated with New York Presbyterian Hospital Columbia University Medical Center. They speak Spanish, English.
Mitchell C Benson has 5 locations
Mitchell C Benson has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Mitchell C Benson has the following 18 expertise
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urologic Cancer
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Kidney Stones
- Patient Care
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Kidney Cancer
- Clinical Research
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2017, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
42 Years Experience
Graduated in 1977
Graduated in null
Mitchell C Benson Accepts the Following Insurance
- 161 Fort Washington Ave Fl 11 New York , NY : (212) 305-0114
- 161 Fort Washington Ave New York , NY 10032
- 688 Post Rd Ste 201 Scarsdale , NY 10583
- 51 West 51st Street New York , NY 10019
- 688 White Plains Road Scarsdale , NY 10583
More about Mitchell C Benson
Dr. Mitchell C. Benson began his affiliation with Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in the Autumn of 1973 when he enrolled in Columbia P & S as a first year medical student. He recognized early in his training that he wished to pursue a career in Urology and following an internship and residency in general surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, he became a resident in Urology at The Presbyterian Hospital in New York in 1979. Following his chief residency in Urology at The Presbyterian Hospital, he went to Johns Hopkins Hospital and University where he was a Research Fellow in Urologic Oncology from 1982-1984.After completion of his fellowship, Dr. Benson returned to Columbia University P & S where he joined the Urology faculty. Dr. Benson was one of the first recipients of the Herbert Irving Assistant Professor awards and he was the Herbert Irving Assistant Professor of Urology from July 1988 - June 1991. He was then promoted to Associate Professor of Urology, and in July 1995 to Professor of Urology. In 1997, he was named the George F. Cahill Professor of Urology. In November 2003, he was named the Director of the Comprehensive Cancer Center of Columbia University. In August 2005, he was appointed The George F. Cahill Professor and Chairman of the Department of Urology and Urologist-in-Chief at Columbia University Medical Center.During his career, Dr. Benson has been the recipient of numerous Honors. After having been elected to Phi Beta Kappa at Union College, he was awarded the Urology Prize from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. During his residency, he was awarded 1st Prize at the New York Academy of Medicine in the Ferdinand C. Valentine Residents' Essay Contest. He has won prizes for his clinical research from the American Urological Association in 1987 and 1991.Dr. Benson's research has been and continues to be supported by the National Cancer Institute and he has participated in numerous projects sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry. He has submitted or published 195 scientific articles since 1984. He has presented more than 200 papers at National Meetings.