Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mohamed T El Mawan has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Mohamed T El Mawan has the following 3 expertise
Showing 5 of 32
Dr. El-Mawan is one of the finest, most intelligent, kind doctors in his profession. Let me tell you of what I felt was a life threatening situation with my son several years ago. My son got very sick and I took him to and it was ongoing for months. I took him to his regular doctor and got every blood test he could get. The doctor at that time said he was just a depressed teenager. Well my son looked awful and was not getting better. After 6 months of taking him to several other doctors and specialists in other areas for a diagnosis the doctors had no answers. Finally, a friend suggested I take my son to her doctor who is Dr. Mohamed El-Mawan. He took my son's complaints very seriously and wanted to do blood work. I told him we had blood work done 6 months ago so he retrieved the blood work from the previous doctor. He looked at the results and immediately saw the thyroid numbers were indicating my son had thyroid disease!!! My son I feel lost precious time feeling ill and it could have been much worse for him had we not seen Dr. Mohamed El-Mawan. I have also been a patient of Dr. El-Mawan and I can say with first hand experience, he is the best!! And, the office staff is also wonderful in every aspect!!
He listens to the patient, his diagnosis is spot on but I had to stop visiting his office due to the rude and unprofessional staff he has. His staff promised to request faxing my lab work from a lab, but after numerous phone calls to them, and a month later they said that I had to make the fax. After a whole month of tens of phone calls! They are rude when making an appointment, and unprofessional in speaking to the patients. I called them lately for an advice of the best date to see the doctor after finishing my medication, they were snapping at me ruthlessly. Their vocabulary lacks the words, "please," "excuse me Sir/Madam," "thank you," "how can I help you?" I have NEVER dealt with ruthless, unprofessional individuals as those who work for Dr. El Mowan. Again, he is a great doctor but his staff is terrible professionally.
I been a patient of his for a couple of years i even had my newborn going there and I recently decided its time to find a new doctor. He is decent doctor don't get me wrong, but the staff he has are very rude and ignorant i don't want to put up with anymore. maybe if he got rid of his staff i would stay.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Mohamed T El Mawan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEl Mawan Medical Center, 14904 Jefferson Davis Hwy Ste 204, Woodbridge, VA
Dr. Mohamed T El Mawan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodbridge, VA.