Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Monica G Cardenas-Gonzalez MD
Dr. Monica G Cardenas-Gonzalez has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Monica G Cardenas-Gonzalez has the following 12 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Monica G Cardenas-Gonzalez - Posted on January 28th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Monica G Cardenas-Gonzalez - Posted on July 23rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Monica G Cardenas-Gonzalez - Posted on March 28th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Monica G Cardenas-Gonzalez - Posted on May 31st, 2012
Does not listen
Self-verified patient of Dr. Monica G Cardenas-Gonzalez - Posted on March 19th, 2012
Had 2 appointments with Dr. Cardenas and she spent a total of less than 5 minutes with me combined. Do not go to her for thyroid problems! I am getting a second opinion, she offered no solutions or treatments or any general help period. Also asked me no questions and while I was talking to her, kept on walking toward the door and finally I just quit because I felt she was in a hurry. Does not listen to the patient, but only listens to test results.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
23 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Monica G Cardenas-Gonzalez Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
Locations & DirectionsANNISTON MEDICAL CLINIC PC, 1010 Christine Ave, Anniston, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Monica G Cardenas-Gonzalez, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Anniston, AL, in this video.
Dr. Monica G Cardenas-Gonzalez is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Anniston, AL.