Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Nidal Hasan
Dr. Nidal Hasan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Hasan is affiliated with St Margarets Hospital, Advocate Trinity Hospital and Rml Specialty Hospital. Dr. Hasan has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Nidal Hasan has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Nidal Hasan has the following 14 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
Dr. Nidal Hasan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
I was able to get in the same day. the staff was very nice and courteous. Dr. Hasan was very polite and respectful. He was also very thorough and drained my cyst without me even asking. All of the staff speak Spanish and were very helpful with making future appointments for other family members of mine. This clinic is close and convenient. I'll be going back again!
this doctor shows concern for his patient,but in general seems very busy, and i feel there is a slight oversight in scheduling tests at the normal 3to 4month interval suggested by most as the norm for ongoing treatment and monitoring of the patient. simple things for the office staff to keep track of
upon arriving for my appointment the receptionist stated that if i did not pay my 72.00 balance that medicare did not cover, i could not see the doctor.this bill is under 90 days old,and under 30 days old, when you take into consideration my cms validator usually takes at least 30 days after a visit before i receive it. this was a follow up visit for blood test results which indicated my email@example.com,my previous results were 0.39. i sent a letter to dr nidal hasan, and have not received a reply to date. i will wait a few days more before filing a complaint with the state of indiana.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hasan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Nidal Hasan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOptimum Endocrine Care, 1747 E 87th St, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nidal Hasan, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Chicago, IL, in this video.
Dr. Nidal Hasan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.