Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul F Vinger has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Wounds and Injuries
- Eye Injuries
- Eye Pain
- Radial Keratotomy (Refractive Surgical Procedure for Myopia)
- Retina Surgery
- Vision Issues
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Exam
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Diseases
Showing 5 of 6
I started with Dr. Vinger when I was young. He has always been kind and explains everything fully. At one time I went to a different eye doctor who was closer to my work. When they found nothing new and the symptoms continued I went to Dr. Vinger. He found I was overfocusing over 200%. He has continually helped me through good news and not so good news. I have never had anything but the best of appointments with him for over 30 years.
This practice saw me the same day I called for cornea edema. The only doctor available was Vinger. He was quick at diagnosing an infection but no further explanation,and he abruptly left the room. As he was leaving he said, oh watch it driving. No bedside manner and lack of explanation had me calling back only to be told I needed to make another appt. I appreciated being seen, but not the treatment. Young girl on office staff was snappy when I called back.
Dr. Vinger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Dr. Paul F Vinger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLexington Eye Associates Inc, 21 Worthen Rd Ste 3, Lexington, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul F Vinger in this video.
Dr. Paul F Vinger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, MA.