Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Payam Moazzaz
Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oceanside, CA, with another office in Los Angeles, CA. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Moazzaz has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Payam Moazzaz has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
this doctor works for insurance companies, writing false medical reports! In my case I complained about horrible back pain for months to four different doctors. I had four broken ribs and my back was broken in three places, Dr Moazzaz wrote in his report that I never complained about my back! after looking at medical reports I only complained about my back 30 times to four different doctors I even drew pictures to show the ignorant foreigners they all ignored it. This animal should be deported back to IRAN
In 2015, I went to Dr. Moazzas for back nerve pain. After x-rays, he discovered I had compressed discs in my upper spine and immediately scheduled surgery. From the first visit all the way through the surgery and for a year after the surgery, Dr. Moazzas and his staff were so efficient and responsive to all of our concerns. His office staff responded very quickly and went above and beyond to help my wife and me get through this serious health setback. Dr. Moazzas was professional, even when we were very anxious about a brief delay in the surgery. He managed our concerns with compassion and honesty. The nerve pain was resolved after the surgery. During the following year, I had a number of follow-up appointments with Dr. Moazzas, who fully answered all of my questions, discussed the x-rays and the results, which showed a complete success of removing and replacing the compressed discs. He spent as much time with me as I needed during every appointment. He and his staff continued to warmly welcome us. Dr. Moazzas provided practical strategies during the recovery and always demonstrated that I was a person, and just a "number". What a refreshing experience. I was so satisfied with his professionalism; I was immediately recommending Orthopedic Specialists of North County to others. As a nurse, I appreciated seeing and receiving the best care possible in a time where even good care is nearly impossible to find. I have fully recovered from the surgery, thanks to the expertise of Dr. Moazzas and his wonderful staff.
It has been almost one year since Dr. Moazzaz performed surgery on my back. It was an OUTSTANDING success. I had spondylolisthesis of L4-L5; had suffered chronic, often times debilitating, pain in my back and legs for years. I was getting to the point of fearing permanent nerve damage. Dr. Moazzaz performed two spinal fusions, L4-L5, L5-S1, and a laminectomy. I arrived Friday morning around 7:00 am for surgery. I woke up that afternoon, got up, and walked the hallway around 4:00pm--PAIN-FREE! I went home the next morning needing nothing more than Tylenol for a few days. My follow-up care has been great. Debbie, his assistant, was always patient and kind, whenever I called with a question, no matter how trivial it may have been. Dr.Moazzaz always explained my progress, answered my questions, and shared his knowledge about my condition, and the procedure, so I always felt informed about my care. I have never felt any pain since my surgery; I was walking three miles daily within one month after surgery, and also went back to work. I cannot say enough about how successful this operation was, and how thankful I am for this gifted doctor and his caring staff.
Dr. Mozazzaz performed 5 major procedures on my lumbar spine. I had been missed diagnosed for 5 years so by the time I saw him I was in excruciating life altering pain, immobility, beginning incontinence of bowel and bladder and foot drop. The stenosis was so advanced that3 places on my cord were lacking fluid. He repaired it so well that all radiculopathic pain is gone and I regained full function. He is an amazing surgeon and a wonderful person and good looking to boot!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
13 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Payam Moazzaz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Payam Moazzaz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oceanside, CA.