Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip J Shaver III has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Philip J Shaver III has the following 13 expertise
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
Dr. Philip J Shaver III has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
I told Dr. Shaver for eight months that I was experiencing atrial fibrillation and that I need to see a specialist. He would not believe me and I had to practically beg him to help me. He finally sent me to a specialist in his group, Dr. Rubin, who was even more dismissive. When I didn't give in he agreed to put me on a monitor and ended up calling me that same night to say I needed medication immediately. I could have had a stroke at any time because of my condition but he would not listen. Just another male cardiologist who doesn't think women have heart problems.
Dr Shaver was so amazing. He was polite, had a good sense of humor, seemed interested in me and never seemed rushed to get to another patient. I would recommend him to anyone needing care from a cardiologist. His assistant, Maryhelen has never seemed short or put out by my calling the office repeatedly about my "conditon." The rest of the office staff were also polite and friendly.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
50 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Philip J Shaver III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDesert Cardiology Consultants, 39000 Bob Hope Dr Ste K403, Rancho Mirage, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip J Shaver III in this video.
Dr. Philip J Shaver III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rancho Mirage, CA.