Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raman Ashta has 3 locations
3000 N Atlantic Ave Ste 108
Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
Book Online Now
Dr. Raman Ashta has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Raman Ashta has the following 15 expertise
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- Weight Loss
- Nutritional Support
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Family Planning
Dr. Raman Ashta is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Raman Ashta - Posted on May 25th, 2012
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Raman Ashta Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Raman Ashta
Raman Ashta, MD, provides a full spectrum of primary care to families and individuals of all ages. She has a special interest in serving health needs in women and children, treating depression and anxiety, and managing chronic conditions.Dr. Ashta earned her medical degree from Government Medical College in Amritsar, India, where she also completed her internship. She served as chief resident with the Forbes Family Practice Residency Program in Monroeville, Pa. Dr. Ashta holds specialized certifications in first aid care, including neonatal resuscitation and advanced life support obstetrics.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Raman Ashta, MD - Family Medicine in Palm Bay, FL, in this video.
Dr. Raman Ashta is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Palm Bay, FL.