Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ravi Chandra has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Ravi Chandra has the following 6 expertise
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Colorectal Cancer
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Breast Cancer
Showing 5 of 25
Decided they wouldn't accept me as a client after investing some 2 days/14 hrs to get an appointment. Office manager should be fired and trust me, you'll have lots of free appointment spaces thanks to social media. I would sooner use a machete to cut off my infected breast than have you arrogant people touch mine!
Avoid this doctor. as told I needed a blood flow check in my leg and was told I would be contacted in a week almost 4 weeks later still no appointment for the test. I drove 14 miles to see them in person and was told they would call me in a few days. I was so upset and told them to forget it I'll find another doctor. I did and my appointment for my test was done the next day.
He makes his appointment arrival times all for the same time & you just sit & wait your turn. Poor bedside manner, basically a god complex - "I am the doctor, don't ask any questions". I had a graft placed in my leg by Dr Chandra, it failed. I had post op complications. While in recovery I was left to bleed into my belly for several hours while he went on with other surgeries. Several hours later the nurse informed him my BP was not stable & my belly was really fat compared to when I came in. Dr Chandra went to the waiting room & asked my wife "has he always had a fat belly?" When told no I have always been very slender, he ordered a scan & the bleeding was discovered. My wife was informed by him that she should prepare herself that I may not make it! I was in ICU for several weeks & then intermediate care for several more weeks as all of my organs had shut down at the drop of blood pressure to my heart. On the day of discharge he arrived early and discharged me, later when the hospital Dr came to do his discharge he had to recall him back, because he never addressed the blood in my urine caused by my being on two blood thinners at the same time, plus he did not address the many pressure ulcers left on my foot by not being properly turned in bed while hospitalized. I am left with a drop foot, basically a stump for a leg, now that the ulcers have healed, a graft that is rock hard & does not work. No follow up appointment was ever set nor was I ever called at any point to set one up by his office. After some months I sought out another vascular surgeon to see if it could be repaired or the hard graft removed. I was advised that grafts below the knee do not work & surgery should have never been preformed.
Dr. Chandra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Andhra Medical College
Graduated in 1981
Miami Childrens Hospital
Dr. Ravi Chandra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSURGICAL SPECIALISTS OF OCALA, 1920 SW 20th Pl Ste 100, Ocala, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ravi Chandra, MD - Surgery in Ocala, FL, in this video.
Dr. Ravi Chandra is similar to the following 1 Doctors near Ocala, FL.