Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard E Gayle
Dr. Richard E Gayle, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mountain View, CA, with another office in Sunnyvale, CA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Gayle is affiliated with El Camino Hospital Mountain View Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard E Gayle has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
He's a doctor's doctor - recommended to me by a very fine Ortho specialist who had done his own surgery. I have never seen a more patient, calm, and careful listener who treats the patient as a partner in determining a course of action and following through on it.Very nice staff in a really pleasant facility.
I had an arthroscopic knee surgery recommended and performed by Dr Gayle. The surgery helped me a little bit but the pain remains even now, 6 months later. I still have a hard time walking. When I came to see Dr. Gayle 6 weeks after my surgery and mentioned to him that I am remain in pain and not able to walk, he said only one thing: Oh, may be you need a knee replacement! It made me so mad! Why in the world he recommended me to have the arthroscopic meniscus surgery if he believes that my only choice was the knee replacement. I just walked out of his office and will never come to see him again. He never called me back to check about my recovery. Not sure whether he is a good surgeon but one thing I know for sure: he doesnt care about his patients.
I have to say that my experience my family has had with Dr Gayle has been nothing short of stellar.He saw and fixed my mother who had broken her hip.We were extremely worried and to be honest apprehensive about her having surgery before meeting Dr Gayle but he allayed our fears with thoughtfullness and kindness to my entire family. He gave us confidence and hope with a gentle spirit. My mother was up in a chair the day after surgery and was walking with a walker the following day.He is one of the kindest doctors we have had the good fortune of meeting and he came highly recommended as an excellent surgeon.At times his office wait can be a bit lengthy but he is always polite despite what seems to be a very busy practice.We are lucky to have him as our orthopedic surgeon!
Dr. Gayle is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Richard E Gayle accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard E Gayle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mountain View, CA.