The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert M Septon has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Skin Biopsy
- Lyme Disease
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
First of all, the staff was pleasant enough. However, the wait time took 40 minutes. I was finally brought back to see the "doctor" only to later find out that I saw the PA (physician assistant). If my primary care doctor can't diagnose something, why would I want to go to a "specialist" only to see the PA who doesn't have nearly as much education or experience as my family doc. The PA was gruff, looked like the janitor, and was not experienced enough to know that my growth was actually a basal cell and not a wart. I went to another dermatologist in Libertyville who actually did a biopsy and got that diagnosis.
Dr. Septon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Robert M Septon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLakeside Dermatology, 755 S Milwaukee Ave Ste 224, Libertyville, IL
Dr. Robert M Septon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Libertyville, IL.