Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen F Schiff
Dr. Stephen F Schiff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Providence, RI, with another office in Providence, RI. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Schiff is affiliated with Miriam Hospital. Dr. Schiff has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen F Schiff has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Stephen F Schiff has the following 12 expertise
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
Dr. Stephen F Schiff is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr schiff performed my vasectomy. He was actually waiting for me in the procedure room when I was shown in by the nurse! I didn't have time to sit and psych myself up; walked into the room, pants off, prepped, and it was done. He would not prescribe anything for pain which irked me a little but he was right, I didn't need anything. He has such a light touch I had zero bruising. None whatsoever. I looked online to compare and what was described as "normal, typical, expected" etc cetera levels of bruising and swelling was terrifying compared to whathe I experienced. If I had looked prior to the procedure, I may have backed out. If you are considering a vasectomy, Dr schiff is it. Wicked hard to actually get an appointment though...
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Schiff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1981
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Dr. Stephen F Schiff accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen F Schiff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.