Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Steven J Resis has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Steven J Resis has the following 14 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Steven J Resis has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven J Resis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 10
I have never seen a more buffoon-like psychiatrist in my life. The absolute worst the industry now has to offer. The man mumbles, shakes and has some kind of mental issue. The most classic example of a guy writing out SSRI prescriptions as fast as he can to every and anyone. Very little actual time with him. If you ask question he looks up in the big drug book, which is somehting I can easily do for myself. His job amounts to sometimes telling me to break a pill in half to dial in the does. Truly a joke. Brought my wife with me once and she was schoked. That whole office there is a move am in move an out cattle operation, writing prescrptions for the questionable effective SSRI for anything. And then offers no plan of how to get off them, or what side effects might be. I true idiot. I was hospitalized in a mental health facility and he never return calls to get a hold of the DR. I was being treated by. Stay away from him and that disgusting group they are part of. Many are just on the payroll.
32 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Dr. Steven J Resis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsPerakis Resis Woods And Associates, 1701 E Woodfield Rd Ste 1000, Schaumburg, IL
Dr. Steven J Resis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Schaumburg, IL.