Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven A Simonsen has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I just want to say I waited 4 weeks for a follow up appointment after having physical theray that didn't work and I was in pain. I explained this to the office staff and she said his next appointment isn't for 4 weeks. When I finally got to see him 4 weeks later they could not find the results of my MRI they sent me for. They had nothing. I was told stand the pain a little longer till we find out what happened to your report. They called Zwanger and Peseri for a copy and left me sitting there till I asked when will you get this report. I was told that day or the next. then I was told the Dr. would call me. He never did and it is three days later. No call from anyone. Also as the Dr. was leaving the room he turned and said to me those legs could be thinner and so should you be. I was shocked how rude he was. First of all my legs are bad do to a vascular disease since I was 16 years old. He has no idea and to talk to me like that is unexceptable. I really think he should get some compassion and stop being so arrogant. If it were someone in his family would he want them to be treated this way? Needless to say I will never recommend him to anyone nor will I ever go to him again. I went and got my own report and called a new doctor who gave me an appointment the next day and could not have been any nicer or compassionit and understanding. Dr.Simonson should be ashamed of himself.
In seeking a surgeon for impending hip surgery, my GP recommended Dr. Simonsen. The first surgeon I visited was ready to set up surgery immediately. Dr. Simonsen not only diagnosed bursitis (which everyone else overlooked); but took an approach of pain medication and weight loss to allow my body to heal better should I do the operation, but hopefully pushing off surgery, as I was younger than most. Phenomenal attitude and extremely pleasant.
Dr Simonsen found a labral tear I had in my hip when both the radiologist and the first orthopedist had missed when reading my mri results. He was extremely intelligent and I trust his opinion 100 percent. He was also a kind person, which I appreciated. I would recommend this doctor without hesitation.
Dr. Simonsen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1981
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Steven A Simonsen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouth Shore Orthopedic Associates, 340 Montauk Hwy Ste 1, West Islip, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven A Simonsen in this video.
Dr. Steven A Simonsen is similar to the following 0 Doctors near West Islip, NY.