Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan Rose
Dr. Susan Rose, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cincinnati, OH. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Endocrinology and Pediatrics. Dr. Rose is affiliated with CINCINNATI CHILDRENS HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER, Regional Medical Center at Memphis and Lebonheur Childrens Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan Rose has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Growth Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
in 1997, my only daughter was brought into LeBonheur post seizure that resulted from her nearly-zero level blood sugar. She had a rare condition called hyperinsulinemia. Many babies with this condition died and there were only 2 options: one of 2 (total) medicines had to work and/or a full or partial pancreatectomy. I stayed in the hospital in the same room for a week and Dr. Rose was so knowledgable and caring. She did everything she could to ensure my daughter got the best care - and she did. They told me my baby could have developmental issues because of the lack of sugar to the brain and I was prepared for whatever God gave us at that point. My "baby" will turn 21 in a couple of weeks and is a straight A student at the University of South Carolina's #1 business school. Dr. Rose was a godsend in a really tough period of our lives and I still credit her with helping to save my baby's life.
Dr. Rose is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Regional Medical Center at Memphis
Lebonheur Childrens Medical Center
Children's Medical Center - Dayton
Le Bonheur Childrens Medical Center
Saint Jude Childrens Research
36 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Susan Rose accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCINCINNATI CHILDRENS HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Susan Rose is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.