Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Te-Long L Hwang has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Te-Long L Hwang has the following 9 expertise
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Te-Long L Hwang is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
my original diagnosis from Shands Teaching Hospital when in 1976 was Epilepsy. i needed a Neurologist in SC, this was the doctor that my primary care phicyian choose, he said the test that he preformed did not show enough Epileptic activity to continue on the medication that I had been taking since I had left Shands Teaching Hospital in 1991 so this doctor was going to take me off all meds this would be great if my Epilepsy had gone away but it had not. Dr Te-long Hwang had done an EEG and MRI but still wanted to take me off of my current medication and put me on Paxil. I returned to Shands Teaching Hospital all test were re done and the Epilepsy is were it was all along. HE IS INCOMPITENT. If I had done all that he wanted I would be DEAD. I left his and made an appointment at Shands that day when they did my blood work the levels of Dialantin and Phenobarbitol were that of an infant.
St Peters Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsTe-Long Hwang Md, 3390 Medical Park Rd, Columbia, SC
Dr. Te-Long L Hwang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.