Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas J Purgason has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas J Purgason has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Thomas J Purgason has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Thomas J Purgason is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 56
Dr. Purgason got me off of the OTC antihistamines I had been taking almost daily virtually all of my life for severe allergies, which the previous doctor (29 years) hadn't confronted. I discovered I felt just as well without them, plus I shouldn't have been taking them so much because of my high blood pressure. Under his supervision, my blood pressure is down to about 105/ 65 and my cholesterol is down to about 130. I believe he literally saved my life when he mentioned that stress tests do not always catch heart problems, but they can be identified by a heart catheterization. I went back to my cardiologist, who performed that procedure, which identified three major arteries which were 95% blocked. Within a month, I had two procedures and three stents. I haven't had heart pain or shortness of breath since. In my opinion, Dr. Purgason has made the right call on every problem I have encountered and referred me to an excellent specialist where appropriate. In my opinion, there isn't a better primary care physician in DFW and anyone in Arlington would be wise to give him a try.
39 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Tulsa Medical College
Dr. Thomas J Purgason accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThomas J Purgason Md Pa, 3600 Matlock Rd Ste 100, Arlington, TX
Dr. Thomas J Purgason is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.