Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William L Griffin
Dr. William L Griffin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte, NC. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Griffin is affiliated with Carolinas Medical Center Mercy, Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital and Carolinas Medical Center. Dr. Griffin has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William L Griffin has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. William L Griffin has the following 18 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Injuries
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
Dr. William L Griffin has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. William L Griffin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Dr Griffin seems like a nice man but has a poor bedside manner. He dismissed me stating I would just need to learn to live with my hip pain that left me unable to walk normally, sit or drive. Sought a 2nd opinion and found I need a full hip replacement, have torn muscle and tendon and need to have the bursa removed. If Dr griffin has reviewed actually MRI images and bone scan I believe I would have bee. Treated vs he just reading the radiologist review. I felt like I was a bother to both he and his staff. I will not recommend Ortho Carolina or Dr Griffin to anyone.
Just had my second knee replacement with Dr. Griffin. He is a great orthopedic surgeon and a very gentle caring person. I am grateful to have found Dr. Griffin and his staff to do my knee replacements. One was done at Presbyterian Orthopedic Hospital and one at Mercy with equally good results. Both hospitals and staff were great.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Griffin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Carolinas Medical Center
Dr. William L Griffin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrthocarolina, 2001 Vail Ave Ste 200, Charlotte, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William L Griffin in this video.
Dr. William L Griffin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.