Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Zachary L Gleit has the following 1 specialty
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Fecal Incontinence
- Crohn's Disease
- Inguinal Hernia
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Stomach Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Colorectal Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dealt with Dr Gleit on several occasions and he was very accommodating. I needed to make an appointment for a surgery date on Dr Gleits orders. His secretary Marriasa was NOT accommodating!! She was nasty on the phone , did not want to listen to what I was saying, threatened to hang up on me and still would not work with my other medical doctors to give me an appointment for surgery. Dr Gleit seems like a wonderful doctor but he will lose patients just by his secretary"s arrogance! Having surgery is stressful enough without having to deal with a incompetent nasty girl named Marrisa to get a darn appointment to schedule the surgery.
Doctor Gleit was amazing from every aspect. He is super professional, kind, just overall amazing. Did I mention he is abnormally attractive1
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
25 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1993
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Zachary L Gleit accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - The Allen Pavilion, 5141 Broadway, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Zachary L Gleit in this video.
Dr. Zachary L Gleit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.