Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Zulfaqqar M Jaffar
Dr. Zulfaqqar M Jaffar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with another office in Live Oak, TX. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Jaffar is affiliated with Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Baptist Medical Center and St Lukes Baptist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Zulfaqqar M Jaffar has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
- Hepatitis C
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Showing 5 of 14
Very disappointed. Just a follow up visit . Waited 2hours to see a Dr. Not Dr. Jaffar. The Dr spoke with me 3 minutes. Did not have records from previous Dr. Which I had told them about at least twice. Had to wait for a lab slip . After 10 minutes had not received it and left. I know Drs ca be busy but this was ridiculous.
Dr. Jaffar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Medical College
Dr. Zulfaqqar M Jaffar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Zulfaqqar M Jaffar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.