Dr. John Mchenry MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

May 9th, 2017
All the negative reviews are 100% accurate!
By far the worst experience I have had in a doctor's office. The doctor's mumbling and inability to answer any questions are horrible. His office is a zoo with being moved to multiple rooms for multiple tests with multiple people. No one can answer any questions. This office was supposedly referring me to a retina specialist but It took me contacting them twice before it was done! Terrible service. I would never return!

March 11th, 2017
RUN
Do not go there if you value your eyesight. My eyes are worse now then before I went in there. He will not answer my questions, and the interns told us they are not aloud to.

November 20th, 2016
I had a horrible experience. He doesn't care about patients' health... just our to gather all the insurance money that he can.

November 17th, 2016
PseudoTumor
I asked Dr. McHenry how a medication he wanted to prescribe to me would help. He told me he was the one who went to medical school and he was the expert in this field. At this point he got up and left the exam room and refused to answer any questions about my medications. A few weeks later I was informed he would no longer treat me. It seems he thinks his patients should just take any pill he tells them to and not ask to be educated about it.

September 13th, 2016
Wouldn't trust anyone else but him!!
This man has stopped me from going blind twice. Yes, it takes a while to get through some days but that's because he takes all the patients that other doctors send him when they can't figure out what is wrong. Go with questions in mind because he is in and out fast, but he will answer anything you want to know. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my eyes.

September 9th, 2016
save yourself, find another dr
This doctor does not spend time getting to know his patients or their presenting problem. He has a cookie cutter response to each diagnoses and will not spend the time to talk to or engage patients. He will not spend the time to even explain your diagnosis or treatment. He is over eager to do surgery and neglects to treat you in any other fashion. My vision and the appearance of my eye is worse since seeing him. He does not follow typical insurance guidelines for surgery.

August 9th, 2016
FIND ANOTHER NUERO OPTHAMOLOGIST
This doctor sees too many patients to be accurate in diagnosing and treating. He depends on kids to do the multiple tests, which are not accurate. After the numerous tests, he uses that data and the info he gains from "looking " into your eyes for less than one minute to make a diagnoses. He does not tell you what that diagnoses is! Go to UTSW Medical Center to have more responsible physicians check out your eyes. There are several excellent neuro opthamologists there. Do not waste anytime doing so. See the cleanliness and professional evaluation first hand at a respected medical institution.

July 27th, 2016
Creepy Reach Around
1. The staff was really good, they would have to be to deal with him. 2. The office was a cross between 1800's western and tacky 1970's very hodgepodge power strips everywhere, just tacky 3. He was just creepy, mumbled the whole time which I found out later were for the assistant, maybe said five words in two visits that day , I wasn't even sure he was alive. It was like all the life and personality had been sucked out of him! I felt like I had been violated like a creepy reach around! I could not wait to get out of there!

July 8th, 2016
Never again
Dr.McHenry should not be practicing medicine. I've never seen such an arrogant pompous individual. He doesn't explain procedures,tests medicines. And when you ask questions about these things he gets irritated and annoyed. Hey McHenry, if you hate patients, don't be a Dr.!!

June 20th, 2016
Barely spent a total of 3 minutes with me and gave no diagnosis. The staff doesn't listen to you when you tell them things are right with their tests. For example, they never lowered the machine for me to put my head on thus resulting in crazy readings as I was trying to do a test while staring at the ceiling. Every customer that came and went for the 4 hours I was their was told to get an MRI at the convenient MRI place with the connecting door. They were told the same stare at the dots on the paper home therapy to partake in. I was told that I didn't need an MRI in the first 30 second visit with the doctor. Then, all of a sudden, I need a MRI too and was given the same home therapy as every other patient was given. They rush you to go right then and come in within a day or two for another appointment. He may be good, but has negative people skills and my gut instinct was telling me that I was being scammed.

April 16th, 2016
He is an awesome Dr. He saved my daughters vision numerous times. She has MS & Pseudo tumor cerebri. I see him as well & he has been a godsend to our family for several years. Bedside manner is dry & longer wait times, but full testing at one facility saves days & $. One copay versus 6 or 7.

May 16th, 2015
Grow up People!
I have just read several of these whining reviews. If you need counseling, go to a therapist! If you want a diagnosis from a Doc who has seen it all, go to McHenry. Yes, the wait is sometimes too long. Yes, he spends very little time with each patient. But he is the only Doc who has diagnosed and treated my problem and helped me. I don't need to be coddled and get warm fuzzies, I need help......and I got it from Dr. McHenry. (he has never been anything but courteous and professional to me)