Dr. John Mchenry Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Mchenry?

September 12th, 2017

Would not Recommend him

This guy! First of all he found what other doctors couldn't. My daughter has psuedotumor. Optic neuropathy, papilladema and high intercranial pressure. When she wasn't responding to meds he did optic nerve sheath decompression surgery on her and came in telling us she had fluid build up in the top 1% of patients. Imagine my validation when finally someone took my child's stabbing head pain away. She was still having other symptoms and I brought up her mri report which stated she had 3.5mm cerabella ectopia he brushed it off saying that id be hard pressed to find a dr who would care about that. My research says otherwise and I traveled to ny with my daughter where it was confirmed she had cranial instability and chiari. No thanks to Mchenry or his staff. They did not answer questions asked of them or provide records even though I paid for them. Mchenry continued to blow us off even after the diagnosis saying her vision was improving. My daughters eye sight has not gotten better and when I tried to ask questions and point out the inaccurate recording of information by his "helpers" I got shoved off to another dr. And told since there's nothing structural it must be psychological. Are you kidding me??? My daughters blurry vision is not that and if he'd listen for a half of a second he'd know she had a psychological evaluation and it's not THAT! If he'd listened for a half of a second he'd know his staff was performing tests improperly and thus not giving you the right results to scan for 2 seconds before you came in here. If he cared to just test her eyes one time HIMSELF he would see that it's blurry. O IS C. A IS H, 8 is 0 etc.... he spends less than 5 minutes in the room with you after hours of inaccurate, improper and unnecessary tests and makes no effort to care one bit of anything you say unless his tests told him that. It's insane that the insurance companies haven't figured out how much he's literally billing unnecessarily. My daughter had a bump on her eye after surgery and we came to get it checked....3 hours and 5 tests later he comes in with a generic answer basically it's fine and leaves! I couldn't convince the staff we didn't want to do all those tests we would do them next week again at our appointment anyway and we just wanted to see the dr. He prescribed my 10 year old 5x the recommended amount of codine after her surgery. Thank god I called my pediatrician! I called his office to confirm what the pediatrician was saying and his staff stood by the prescription. Are you kidding me?? I could go on and on with the bananas of this place but I'll just say this....be careful. They act like they care and it's a lie. Reading the responses of their office to reviews literally made me laugh out loud. You cannot ask Mchenry ANYTHING. I sat with staff who tried to "help" get questions answered and never got even 1 answered properly. He will not stay to answer questions and will blow you off if you seem too different from his factory. 30 plus people in that building who have absolutely no idea what they are doing. I love their language in response to reviews about internships and them not being kids....again laughter. They do not know what they are doing! They are not properly trained! My daughters case is very complicated and he could have professionally talked with us to help us understand what he was "finding" but instead chose to act like we were a hassle for asking questions. So sorry I want to know 5 hours worth of testing results. Sorry I want to question why. (Insert eye roll) Shame on him!

May 9th, 2017

All the negative reviews are 100% accurate!

By far the worst experience I have had in a doctor's office. The doctor's mumbling and inability to answer any questions are horrible. His office is a zoo with being moved to multiple rooms for multiple tests with multiple people. No one can answer any questions. This office was supposedly referring me to a retina specialist but It took me contacting them twice before it was done! Terrible service. I would never return!

March 11th, 2017

RUN

Do not go there if you value your eyesight. My eyes are worse now then before I went in there. He will not answer my questions, and the interns told us they are not aloud to.

November 20th, 2016

I had a horrible experience. He doesn't care about patients' health... just our to gather all the insurance money that he can.

November 17th, 2016

PseudoTumor

I asked Dr. McHenry how a medication he wanted to prescribe to me would help. He told me he was the one who went to medical school and he was the expert in this field. At this point he got up and left the exam room and refused to answer any questions about my medications. A few weeks later I was informed he would no longer treat me. It seems he thinks his patients should just take any pill he tells them to and not ask to be educated about it.

September 13th, 2016

Wouldn't trust anyone else but him!!

This man has stopped me from going blind twice. Yes, it takes a while to get through some days but that's because he takes all the patients that other doctors send him when they can't figure out what is wrong. Go with questions in mind because he is in and out fast, but he will answer anything you want to know. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my eyes.

September 9th, 2016

save yourself, find another dr

This doctor does not spend time getting to know his patients or their presenting problem. He has a cookie cutter response to each diagnoses and will not spend the time to talk to or engage patients. He will not spend the time to even explain your diagnosis or treatment. He is over eager to do surgery and neglects to treat you in any other fashion. My vision and the appearance of my eye is worse since seeing him. He does not follow typical insurance guidelines for surgery.

August 10th, 2016

FIND ANOTHER NUERO OPTHAMOLOGIST

This doctor sees too many patients to be accurate in diagnosing and treating. He depends on kids to do the multiple tests, which are not accurate. After the numerous tests, he uses that data and the info he gains from "looking " into your eyes for less than one minute to make a diagnoses. He does not tell you what that diagnoses is! Go to UTSW Medical Center to have more responsible physicians check out your eyes. There are several excellent neuro opthamologists there. Do not waste anytime doing so. See the cleanliness and professional evaluation first hand at a respected medical institution.

July 28th, 2016

Creepy Reach Around

1. The staff was really good, they would have to be to deal with him. 2. The office was a cross between 1800's western and tacky 1970's very hodgepodge power strips everywhere, just tacky 3. He was just creepy, mumbled the whole time which I found out later were for the assistant, maybe said five words in two visits that day , I wasn't even sure he was alive. It was like all the life and personality had been sucked out of him! I felt like I had been violated like a creepy reach around! I could not wait to get out of there!

July 8th, 2016

Never again

Dr.McHenry should not be practicing medicine. I've never seen such an arrogant pompous individual. He doesn't explain procedures,tests medicines. And when you ask questions about these things he gets irritated and annoyed. Hey McHenry, if you hate patients, don't be a Dr.!!

June 21st, 2016

Barely spent a total of 3 minutes with me and gave no diagnosis. The staff doesn't listen to you when you tell them things are right with their tests. For example, they never lowered the machine for me to put my head on thus resulting in crazy readings as I was trying to do a test while staring at the ceiling. Every customer that came and went for the 4 hours I was their was told to get an MRI at the convenient MRI place with the connecting door. They were told the same stare at the dots on the paper home therapy to partake in. I was told that I didn't need an MRI in the first 30 second visit with the doctor. Then, all of a sudden, I need a MRI too and was given the same home therapy as every other patient was given. They rush you to go right then and come in within a day or two for another appointment. He may be good, but has negative people skills and my gut instinct was telling me that I was being scammed.

April 16th, 2016

He is an awesome Dr. He saved my daughters vision numerous times. She has MS & Pseudo tumor cerebri. I see him as well & he has been a godsend to our family for several years. Bedside manner is dry & longer wait times, but full testing at one facility saves days & $. One copay versus 6 or 7.