Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Professional show details Professional
by Becky H on Jul 15th, 2015

Both Dr. Joy and Dr. Bhasin were very professional, competent, thorough.

Love Dr. but staff, not so much show details Love Dr. but staff, not so much
by J.K. on Feb 4th, 2015

I think Dr. Saland is extremely competent but her staff is far from the top. Ever since my very first visit, I've had issues with poor customer service, and over the past 15 months or so, THEIR billing problems which result in them not ever mailing invoices to me or --and I''m not making this next one up--the staffer said "I've been too busy to send bills so I'm calling you to get payment today." REALLY

Daughter-in-law show details Daughter-in-law
by Ringo on May 29th, 2014

Have taken Mom, to three glaucoma specialist, in Plano and Dallas. All of them told her, she did not have glaucoma. Her primary care doctor Dr. Das, recommended Dr. Saland. She is the only doctor that has helped! She does have glaucoma! We are very blessed!

Waste of my time show details Waste of my time
by Michele on Oct 21st, 2013

I will echo all the negative review below. I was there for over 3 hours--back and forth at least 4 times to the waiting room. Staff was nice, but doctor was cold and did not seem caring. She was thorough in her exam, but just didn't listen to my concerns. I am starting all over again with another eye doctor. Total waste of my time.

Hours Waiting show details Hours Waiting
by Silinda on Jul 6th, 2013

OMG, never again to this ophthalmologist, worst experience ever. My appointment time was at about one in the afternoon and did not leave until after four. Totally unorganized with me having to go in and back to waiting area, this happen five times. I do not know why I did not run out of there. Never met doctor before and recommended through a neurologist, no longer my doctor, who I also think deserves only one star.

Would never return show details Would never return
by Martha R. on Jun 25th, 2013

Poor beside manor, mis-diagnosis by med tech, double billed Medicare and Supplement provider. I went to another doctor and got the proper treatment for my condition. I would not recommend this doctor nor would I ever return. Two stars only for front office - not the doctor. One star for doctor.

Look Elsewhere - Rude, Rude Staff show details Look Elsewhere - Rude, Rude Staff
by Eric J on Feb 12th, 2013

Visited twice for daughter's contact fitting and had same miserable experience both times and for the cost one should not have to up with extremely rude staff. No one cares, no one bothers. Nursing staff are nice but office staff wouldn't last a minute in a real service setting. Both times had waits in excess of thirty minutes. Avoid this poor excuse for a doctor's office!

Disrespectful of your time show details Disrespectful of your time
Nov 4th, 2012

I sat in the waiting room for thirty minutes before the nurse called me back. They did a couple of test, took some information and then shipped me back out to the waiting room. I then waiting another hour and twenty minutes until they called me back again. They overbook as everyone in the waiting showed up about the same time as i did and we all sat there together grunting over the wait. I thought that it was extremeley disrespectful, we loose money by not being at work while the doctor makes more money by overbooking. Very Rude!

Jun 27th, 2011

I personally did not have a good feeling about the staff or the doctor. The office personnel decides which of your diagnosises are important enough to include in your medical chart, and in my case, totally missed the diagnosis that has an effect on ocular health. Also they would not write my prescription for me to take myself to the pharmacy, they have to be in control and fax the prescription. The doctor seemed very distant and uninvolved in my care. She didn't say much to me at all.

Excellent physician show details Excellent physician
May 2nd, 2011

Excellent with diagnosis, treatment and patient care. I am local, however brought my mother from out of state specifically see Dr Saland for treatment!

Excellent doctor, courteous staff show details Excellent doctor, courteous staff
Apr 24th, 2011

Wait time was short, staff was extremely courteous and prompt in getting back with me. Excellent service, highly recc her to anyone who has any kind of eye disease.

Cataract Surgery show details Cataract Surgery
Apr 8th, 2011

I recently had cataract surgery - one eye at a time to correct my vision so I could continue flying as a private pilot. It all went smoothly... both-times. There were no problems. I had timely operations and checkups and lots of positive feedback on the resulting improvement from the operations. Karen's cheerful staff prepared me well, supplied me with several free sample drugs to save my having to purchase them, and thoroughly reviewed the surgery prep and procedure... and called to remind me of upcoming appointments and surgery dates - leaving me feeling assured and ready.The folks at Presbyterian Hospital, Walnut Hill, Dallas were also very professional, polite, caring, and reassuring.I would confidently recommend Karen to anyone needing an opthalmologist.

Parent Fixer!!! show details Parent Fixer!!!
by The Morgan Family on Apr 6th, 2011

Over the past two years I have taken both my father and mother to Dr. Saland for cataract surgery. Both mom and dad have complicated medical histories which made us very nervous about having surgery. After surgery on all four eyes, the outcome has been far better than any of us could have dreamed. Thank you, Dr. Saland for fixing my parents!!!

Mar 31st, 2011

Dr Saland and her staff are very profesional. They explain each step of the exam, and make sure you are comfortable. My prescription is correct and much better than the prescription from a previous Doctor. I look forward to a long Doctor-Patient relationship with Dr. Saland

by F Steele on Mar 24th, 2011

I have been a patient for over seven years. There is a reason why she is continually ranked as a best doctor in D magazine. She deserves that honor. I have glaucoma and cataracts and both are stable.

Cataract Surgery show details Cataract Surgery
by Donnie Swango on Jan 9th, 2011

It was a breeze. Everything went quite well...not one problem......no pain.....no discomfort.....20/20 vision. Who could ask for more?Dr Saland is terrific!

by jerome levine on Jan 12th, 2010