Ophthalmologists

8210 Walnut Hill Ln
Ste 800
Dallas, TX 75231
214-691-8000
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Daughter-in-law  |  show details
by Ringo on May 29th, 2014

Have taken Mom, to three glaucoma specialist, in Plano and Dallas. All of them told her, she did not have glaucoma. Her primary care doctor Dr. Das, recommended Dr. Saland. She is the only doctor that has helped! She does have glaucoma! We are very blessed!

|  Waste of my time  |  show details
by Michele on Oct 21st, 2013

I will echo all the negative review below. I was there for over 3 hours--back and forth at least 4 times to the waiting room. Staff was nice, but doctor was cold and did not seem caring. She was thorough in her exam, but just didn't listen to my concerns. I am starting all over again with another eye doctor. Total waste of my time.

|  Hours Waiting  |  show details
by Silinda on Jul 6th, 2013

OMG, never again to this ophthalmologist, worst experience ever. My appointment time was at about one in the afternoon and did not leave until after four. Totally unorganized with me having to go in and back to waiting area, this happen five times. I do not know why I did not run out of there. Never met doctor before and recommended through a neurologist, no longer my doctor, who I also think deserves only one star.

|  Would never return  |  show details
by Martha R. on Jun 25th, 2013

Poor beside manor, mis-diagnosis by med tech, double billed Medicare and Supplement provider. I went to another doctor and got the proper treatment for my condition. I would not recommend this doctor nor would I ever return. Two stars only for front office - not the doctor. One star for doctor.

|  Look Elsewhere - Rude, Rude Staff  |  show details
by Eric J on Feb 12th, 2013

Visited twice for daughter's contact fitting and had same miserable experience both times and for the cost one should not have to up with extremely rude staff. No one cares, no one bothers. Nursing staff are nice but office staff wouldn't last a minute in a real service setting. Both times had waits in excess of thirty minutes. Avoid this poor excuse for a doctor's office!

|  Disrespectful of your time  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2012

I sat in the waiting room for thirty minutes before the nurse called me back. They did a couple of test, took some information and then shipped me back out to the waiting room. I then waiting another hour and twenty minutes until they called me back again. They overbook as everyone in the waiting showed up about the same time as i did and we all sat there together grunting over the wait. I thought that it was extremeley disrespectful, we loose money by not being at work while the doctor makes more money by overbooking. Very Rude!

Jun 27th, 2011

I personally did not have a good feeling about the staff or the doctor. The office personnel decides which of your diagnosises are important enough to include in your medical chart, and in my case, totally missed the diagnosis that has an effect on ocular health. Also they would not write my prescription for me to take myself to the pharmacy, they have to be in control and fax the prescription. The doctor seemed very distant and uninvolved in my care. She didn't say much to me at all.

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
May 2nd, 2011

Excellent with diagnosis, treatment and patient care. I am local, however brought my mother from out of state specifically see Dr Saland for treatment!

|  Excellent doctor, courteous staff  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2011

Wait time was short, staff was extremely courteous and prompt in getting back with me. Excellent service, highly recc her to anyone who has any kind of eye disease.

|  Cataract Surgery  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2011

I recently had cataract surgery - one eye at a time to correct my vision so I could continue flying as a private pilot. It all went smoothly... both-times. There were no problems. I had timely operations and checkups and lots of positive feedback on the resulting improvement from the operations. Karen's cheerful staff prepared me well, supplied me with several free sample drugs to save my having to purchase them, and thoroughly reviewed the surgery prep and procedure... and called to remind me of upcoming appointments and surgery dates - leaving me feeling assured and ready.The folks at Presbyterian Hospital, Walnut Hill, Dallas were also very professional, polite, caring, and reassuring.I would confidently recommend Karen to anyone needing an opthalmologist.

|  Parent Fixer!!!  |  show details
by The Morgan Family on Apr 6th, 2011

Over the past two years I have taken both my father and mother to Dr. Saland for cataract surgery. Both mom and dad have complicated medical histories which made us very nervous about having surgery. After surgery on all four eyes, the outcome has been far better than any of us could have dreamed. Thank you, Dr. Saland for fixing my parents!!!

Mar 31st, 2011

Dr Saland and her staff are very profesional. They explain each step of the exam, and make sure you are comfortable. My prescription is correct and much better than the prescription from a previous Doctor. I look forward to a long Doctor-Patient relationship with Dr. Saland

by F Steele on Mar 24th, 2011

I have been a patient for over seven years. There is a reason why she is continually ranked as a best doctor in D magazine. She deserves that honor. I have glaucoma and cataracts and both are stable.

|  Cataract Surgery  |  show details
by Donnie Swango on Jan 9th, 2011

It was a breeze. Everything went quite well...not one problem......no pain.....no discomfort.....20/20 vision. Who could ask for more?Dr Saland is terrific!

|  Uncaring Doctor and staff.  |  show details
by Barney Williams on Dec 31st, 2010

On November 2, 2010 I had an appointment with Dr. Saland regarding my glaucoma. I was told that after she studied the reports she would get back with me. Three weeks passed and I did not hear from her office. I called and was told they would check with the Dr. and get back with me.... Another week passed I called again and again spoke with her staff and was told they would check with the Dr."and get back with me". ANOTHER week passed and "I" had to call them again.. This time Michelle said she would make sure they got back with me that same day. Later that day someone called and told me that my glaucoma was border line and they would fax a perscription to my mail order. I gave them the number and all the information. Ten minutes later they called me back and said they could not fax the perscription to my mail order and said that "I" would have to call my mail order and request this medicine. Which I am sure you all know this is not they way this should be handled. This doctor has refused to write me a percription for the medication I need. Has refused to call or fax in my perscription and as of this date 12/31/2010 I have been unable to get the medication for my glaucoma. I will take further action in letting Dr Mintz (his office has recommend Dr. Saland) know how I have been treated so they will reconsider recommending anyone else to this Doctor again.

by jerome levine on Jan 12th, 2010