Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amy E Ampey
Dr. Amy E Ampey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rockville, MD, with other offices in Beltsville, MD and Olney, MD . She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Ampey is affiliated with Medstar Montgomery Medical Center. Dr. Ampey has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Amy E Ampey has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 46
Drs Ampey & Hussain are without question, the most sincere, honest, and professional team I have ever run across! The office staff is super friendly and you can be assured that you will be seen at your appointment time rather than 20-60 minutes of sitting in a lobby like I've found with many medical providers. I've never left their office with questions or frustrations, only comfort and knowledge. They are a rare find.
I would definitely choose this doctor again, was very pleased with time taken by the Dr. during the visit to answer questions.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2011, 2010, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2015, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ampey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Amy E Ampey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amy E Ampey is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Rockville, MD.