Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Anthony K Hedley
Dr. Anthony K Hedley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ, with another office in Tempe, AZ. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Hedley is affiliated with Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center, Scottsdale Healthcare Shea and Abrazo Scottsdale Campus. Dr. Hedley has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony K Hedley has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Anthony K Hedley has the following 15 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 63
Dr. Hedley replaced my knee in 2009. All seemed to go well (other than my knee cap never stayed in place which I attributed to a genetic issue because Dr. Hedley could not figure out the problem). Two years later I was back because my leg was now 3/4 inch shorter than the "good" leg. He x-rayed the knee he operated on and pronounced that it looked great. He sent me on my way with no explanation why the leg was getting shorter. 2013 leg is 1 1/4 inch short so I go to Dr. Jimmy Chow (turns out he works with Dr. Hedley). He listens to my concerns, x-rays the knee and pronounced "all is good". Again no explanation why leg is now more than an inch shorter. Finally in mid-2017 a young general practitioner wants an x-ray of my hip on the "bad" leg side (first time anyone suggested this). Turns out this entire time my hip was slowly moving back and into the pelvis and was now two inches out of place. I am told that this has been going on for so long that it will be very difficult to ever put back there it belongs. I am going to Dr. Gregory Grant to operate on the hip and hope that something can be done, but only time will tell. I was warned that Dr. Hedley did not have great "patient skills", but he was a great ortho surgeon. He did a great job on my knee, but, despite questions about the length of the "bad" leg never suggested x-raying the hip, nor did his partner, Dr. Chow. Given their expertise I am disappointed that they did not take time to diagnose what a young GP did.
Absolute worst experience. 6-months post-surgery (3rd one in a year) and unable to walk without crutches. Lack of ownership, guidance and follow-through astoundingly deficient. Repeatedly denied any wrong-doing despite x-rays showing improper hardware placement. After 5 months, finally admitted to surgical error. Today, I live with significant pain, nerve damage, and cannot functionally straighten nor bend my leg. Incompetence and negligence have had a profoundly negative impact on my life.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hedley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
University Of The Witwatersrand
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Anthony K Hedley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony K Hedley, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Phoenix, AZ, in this video.
Dr. Anthony K Hedley is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.