Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Danton S Dungy
Dr. Danton S Dungy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chandler, AZ. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Dungy is affiliated with Scottsdale Healthcare Shea and Chandler Regional Medical Center. Dr. Dungy has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Danton S Dungy has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Danton S Dungy has the following 15 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Danton S Dungy has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Danton S Dungy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
I just want to say how grateful I am that I found Dr. Dungy and his wonderful staff before getting both knees replaced last fall. Over the years I had seen two different surgeons, they were not bad doctor's they just didn't seem to care to be bothered with my questions or concerns. I just kept putting surgery off to the point that I could barley walk. A coworker begged me to see Dr. Dungy, so glad I did. My first visit was so relaxed, friendly and informative. The doctor took the time to really talk to me, I liked him right off the bat, I could tell he was not only a wonderful doctor but a fantastic human being. Had first knee done and was up walking as soon as I got out of recovery. Had heard horror stories from people about how painful replacement was. The doc knows his stuff cause it wasn't near as bad as I feared and I couldn't wait for the next one in 5 weeks. Five weeks after second knee I was back to work at a fairly physical job. You changed my life, thank you. I also want to thank his PA Tina. She is an awesome lady and helped me get through it all. They are super heroes in scrubs.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Dungy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 2001
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Danton S Dungy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDungy Orthopedic Center, 2121 W Chandler Blvd Ste 110, Chandler, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Danton S Dungy in this video.
Dr. Danton S Dungy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chandler, AZ.