Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fred Grunseid
Dr. Fred Grunseid, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Grunseid is affiliated with Brookdale University Hospital & Medical Center. Dr. Grunseid has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Fred Grunseid has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 33
He is an amazing Doctor, great diagnostician. I' even a patient for over 20 years. Unfortunately his office staff is horrible except for Liz, Kathy and Alicia, but they are back office staff and don't deal with the phones. It is bad enough when you don't feel well and then get these unprofessional, nasty receptionists who do not get the messages to the doctor. I do highly recommend Dr. Grunseid but the office staff will never give you an appointment.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2011, 2015, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Grunseid is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1984
Brookdale University Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Fred Grunseid accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAllied Medical Associates Pc, 1687 Ralph Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fred Grunseid in this video.
Dr. Fred Grunseid is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.